I'm David Rampton, and this is my Blog.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Double D


Last Saturday I went to see a guy called Aesop Rock with my buddy Josh. He was performing at the Troubadour in West Hollywood. Aesop performed with a guy named Rob Sonic. Rob was easily + 300 lbs. but moved around on stage like a feather weight. One of the opening acts was a guy named Busdriver. He was like an eclectic, indie, LA underground hip hop sound. All his beats were performed live on stage. Worth checking out.

Mack Dawg Productions has created some of the best snowboard videos ever since the sports conception. Some of my favorites have been True Life, Stand & Deliver, Chulksmack, Follow Me Around, People, From ____ with Love, Jibbing with Jeremy Jones, and more. This year marks the 20th aniversery of their making and releasing some of the most inspirational snowboard films ever. The title of this years comemorative production is appropriately titled Double Decade. One of the things I miss most about Utah is being apart of the crowd that follows around all the new snowboard movie premier events. Pros show up to sign autographs, sponsors give away free stuff and kids fight over boards and jackets that get thrown into the crowd. The scene for stuff like that down here is pretty meger. Nevertheless, as soon as the movie premiers, wherever it does, I'll be there.



I was running on the beach yesterday. I could smell that summer was ending, fall was here and winter was on its way. The beach has begun to seem more peacful, more like I have it all to myself again. Winter time on the LA beaches is much different than the summer. It has a beauty that I wonder if most people who live here ever stop to appreciate. I won't say that I totally prefer winter time at the beach to summer time, but I am anxious for October to come.

No comments: