I'm David Rampton, and this is my Blog.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fu Mandle Bar Shoe Stache

A little less than a month ago, I started growing what I initially believed to be handle bar mustache on my face. Shortly thereafter, I was brought to the realization that the intended facial hair design was falsely dubbed, but was more accurately referred to as a Fu Manchu. As if I hadn't had enough startling corrections, I was yet again reprimanded for my less than thorough understanding of mustache nomenclature. As it turns out I most definitely do not have a Handle Bar mustache or a Fu Manchu. The style of mustache I had chosen to dawn some 20-30 days ago is simply informally referred to as a 'Horse Shoe' mustache! How silly I feel after having so stubbornly insisted that my superior comprehension of contemporary facial hair led me to believe what I had grown was a Fu Manchu and contrary to popular belief, not a Handle Bar mustache. For further validation on my comments, please refer to the following wikipedia articles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Manchu_moustache
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handlebar_moustache
I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to those of you whom I may have mislead. I openly acknowledge the fact that I was wrong to ever call my mustache a 'Handle Bar' or 'Fu Manchu' mustache.

On a much lighter note, good luck to the Lakers tonight. They will be playing the San Antonio Spurs. My guess is if Kobe keeps playing like he did two nights ago against the Nuggets, we have a very solid chance of beating the Spurs, despite current injuries. This Laker team became very deep after the first part of the season. They are fortunate enough to be able to win against good Western Conference teams like the Nuggets without the likes of Andrew Bynum (left patella subluxation) and Trevor Arriza (broken foot). To help make up for this loss, the Lakers have extended a 10-day contract to 7-foot center D.J. Mbenga. Though not quite the big name center that some of us Laker fans would have liked Mitch to have acquired, we must remember the following: Few, if any of us, had heard of Trevor Arizza before he came to Los Angeles. There is a good chance that Mbenga will contribute some valuable minutes to this team. In any case, it's 5 extra fouls we can afford to give if Kwame or Ronni gets in trouble.

I'm loving life, the Lakers, my family, my friends and the fact that the pain in my partially finished root canal has subsided. Unfortunately, I will need to have the procedure finished tomorrow. That means, I will be in some sort of discomfort for the weekend. Nevertheless, I will enjoy life!

No comments: