I'm David Rampton, and this is my Blog.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's like that and a....

I went to Utah last weekend for my brother's wedding. This beautiful occasion will long hold a place in my heart. Truly, my younger brother has set both precedent and example for me, a wandering soul.

I stayed with my good friend Patrice, who lives in Sandy. I needed to get my hair cut the morning before the wedding, and using my Iphone, found a barber shop open at 7am. I had Patty drop me off there on her way to work. The place was and old school, dumpy looking establishment. Most people don't even notice it as they drive by. The guy who cut my hair must have been 70 yrs old. He took forever!!!! On top of that, he did a bad job. Totally botched the job. I think I'll shave my head.


I was priveleged to comiserate with some close family members as well as old friends at the wedding and luncheon held thererafter. Lots of huggin, hand clappin, picture snappin and "what are you up to's?". I like that stuff in small doses.

That night, I made the short trip down to Provo for the evening. This is very much a pilgrimage for me. It was fun to see old friends and walk the streets of that small, quiet and safe town. It's different in the Summer time. Quieter, more exposed for what it really is. You can walk down the streets at 2 in the morning, barefoot, and it's totally safe and quiet. Peaceful Provo.

I woke up late the next day (no doubt a result of my shoeless parading the night before) and went up to Park City for a hike. It was a hard hike. I met up with my cousin Rick, his wife Emily and little brother Nathan. We rode the Alpine sleds and almost made road kill out of an obease rodent of some kind (possible marmot). After the downhill race, we got some desserts at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory: 3 apples and an ice cream for Nathan, who apparently is forbidden by his mother to eat sugar. He conviniently failed to mention that to me until after he asked me to buy it for him. As soon as his mom's car pulled up, he scurried to the nearest trash can to throw away his remaining ice cream and enter the car with an innocent smirk on his face. Classic!

I made it back down to SLC that night to go to the Hieroglyphics show with my old friend and brother Skyler. It was a sick show featuring the likes of Elucid, JC, Knobody, Tanya Morgan, Blue Skolars, and of course, Hieroglyphics themselves (Souls of Mishcef, Casual, Pep Luv, Extra Prolific, and of course Del the Funkee Homo Sapien). With the exception of the audiences liberal canabas fumigation, it was a sick show. They closed by playing You Never Knew.




I've been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash lately and playing with my Iphone.


PEACE

No comments: