I'm David Rampton, and this is my Blog.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tick.....tick...BOOM!

At 9:30 pm on Friday night, I got a call from one of my good friends telling me to come down to San Onofre to camp for the night and surf in the morning. He was alreadydown there with two of my other best friends from high school. I think I finally left the house at 11:00 to make the 1.5 hour drive down there. One of the guys had requested I bring my camera. The battery was dead, so I decided to charge it in my car with a converter.



I like multi-tasking, even if it becomes hazardous. So, I tried plugging my converter and battery charger in while driving. At first, it didn't work. On the second try, I realized that I needed to flip a certain switch on the converter. As soon as I did, this light went red and started blinking. Immediately it started sounding "Beep.......beep....beep...beep..beep.beepbeepbeepBooom!" like a time bomb had just gone off. It killed my radio!!! Initially I thought it was a fuse. Unfortunately the same fuse that protects the radio also protects the dome light, and the dome light still works. Thankfully I had headphones and an iphone to entertain me.

The guys and I woke up and started surfing at 6:30 am. We surfed for about 2.5-3 hours. It was small surf with the occasional medium sized set. We were deffinately the loudest guys in the water. It was great to surf with the entire felony four again.

As soon as we got out, ate breakfast and took down camp, I started heading back so that I could make it in time to go hiking with a friend. We were going to the Santa Monica mountains, starting at a trailhead that I know of in the Pacific Palisades. We were a bit pressed for time, but determined to make the most of it. We hiked for about an hour and were priveleged to see some beautiful sites. We had an ocean view almost the entire way, and an amazing view of the city when we stopped for water. It was a lot of fun.

I cleaned myself up, went to a birfday thing for three good friends of mine, sat in the hot tub for about an hour, came home, ate some Ben & Jerry's and fell asleep watching Transformers.

Good weekend.

No comments: